Our practice will be opening on Tuesday 9th June!
However, we just wanted to be clear that initially this will not quite be ‘business as usual’. The treatment options you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and PPE equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient with us!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Churchfield Dental Centre, you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the enhanced infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by governing bodies. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations to ensure your visit is safe.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our reception team will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
• You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment before entering the main building and have your temperature checked.
• We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
• We ask that you bring minimal belongings with you, these will be placed in safe container during your visit.
• We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will be allowing greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, to reduce the number of patients in the practice at any one time and most importantly to clean, disinfect and ensure your safety.
How you can help:
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
• A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
• Staff will not shake your hand.
• If you show symptoms following a booking, before your appointment you should contact the practice by phone.
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
• Please do not arrive without an appointment.
• Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
• Payment should be made by card where possible.
• Future appointments may be booked by phone on a follow up call.
• If you develop symptoms following your appointment you should contact the practice by phone.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice,
The Team at CDC
For all our Smilelign patients, we appreciate that this situation is not ideal but we need to essentially ‘pause’ your treatment until such a time when it can be continued.
Continue to wear your aligners as normal, for 2 weeks, until you have worn all of the supplied aligners.
Then continue to wear the last aligner, night time only, to keep everything in place. Your previous aligner will then become your spare to be worn in the case of any breakages.
We will be in contact with you at such a time that we are able to continue your care.
Take care everyone,
David, Caroline, Heidi and the whole CDC team.
Welcome to Churchfield Dental Centre
Here at Churchfield Dental Centre in Barnsley, our caring team will offer you and your family modern dental care in a friendly, relaxed environment. We hope you are able to find all you need to know about our dental practice, but should you feel you need any further information please call us on 01226 771471 as always, we’re here to help! Our latest Care Quality Commission review was carried out in December 2016 and resulted in some very favourable comments – read more about the CQC review. If you would like to register as a patient then please contact us.
Our Dentists & Therapist Team
The overall result is amazing my teeth now work, feel clean and cosmetically look fantastic.
Get In Touch
Why not give us a call or send us a message
to see how we can help you.